Ultrasound Technologist - Per Diem
The Ultrasound Technologist provides diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. This position is to provide ON CALL services to a facility in Los Angeles for a 13 week contract, working strictly with COVID-19 patients. AB/OB preferred, RVT certification highly preferred.
The Ultrasound Technologist performs all technical aspects of diagnostic ultrasound procedures including:
Job Requirements for our Ultrasound Technologist
- Performing clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations
- Using cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images
- Demonstrating knowledge of age-related information to produce appropriate images
- Using independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathological findings
- Analyzing sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicate findings to the appropriate physician.
- Assuming responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care.
- Assisting with the daily operations of the sonographic laboratory
- Maintaining ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains adequate supplies.
- Reporting equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or staff member.
- Establishing and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all interrelating departments.
- Coordinating with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
- Addressing problems of patient care as they arise and makes decisions to appropriately resolve the problems
- Organizing daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required
- Preventing the transfer of infection and blood borne contaminants
- Complying with policies and procedures of Direct Staffing and client facility
- Performing assignments in an independent and professional manner.
- Observing and maintains compliance with all OSHA, JCAHO, Federal, State, and County regulation
- Completing all other work assignments, within Provider’s field of experience and certification, s assigned by client facility
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
- Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the specialty(ies) as appropriate
- Must be ARDMS register in OBGYN
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate
- 1 years experience
- BLS Card AND ACLS from American Heart Association
- Los Angeles Fire Safety Card